LSR Safety Check Engaged/Hylafax/Multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI-U

Mike McMullen mlm at loanprocessing.net
Fri Sep 9 23:10:07 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I am using two multitech MT5634ZPX-PCI-U modems in a small
FC3 fully up2date system running Hylafax 4.2.1.

For the most part the system works fine but I am on occasion getting
one or the other modem wedged with the error LSR safety check engaged.

I've been trying to track this down for awhile. I've gone through the
Hylafax users list and have been told there is an error in the serial
driver. I've been given a few references on why LSR safety check is
engaged and to look at setserial etc etc but I'm still not certain that
is the problem or if so what to do about it. I've also been told to get
a newer kernel. However no one can tell me if that would even fix the
problem.

Has anyone run into this situation and more importantly if so how did
you solve it?

Any really good serial driver folks out there?

TIA,

Mike