Installation

trickster ermy78 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 21:39:06 UTC 2005

I tried to install it a few times but the disc (all of them) were flukey. A
majority of the time my system hangs after I tell it to boot into
installation, then I tried linux noprobe, noddc, and nofb options but they
didn't work everytime. I did get it to go into installation one time, then I
got an error and I should have written it down, but I did not. Anyways, It
locks up on
[<c01012b1>] kernel_thread_helper+0x5/0x14
I'm wondering if there's not a problem with the fact that my hard drive is
SATA because there is a kernel panic dealing with VFS, unable to mount root
fs on unknown block (8,3) ... it went by too fast, something about VSync
issues? I'm not entirely sure what that is.

thanks,
trickster.

Message: 5