VMware Workstation 5.5b Beta 2 (Build 16325)

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Mon Sep 12 05:48:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 09:31 -0600, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> So far, so good. It seems to work out of the box with no vmware-any-any
> updates needed. It is a bit slower than VMware Workstation 5.0, most
> likely that's because it forces you to run in DEBUG mode. Other than
> that, not bad for the first 15 minutes of use.

I've been testing it for several days now, and yes, it is running well.
I too did not have any problems installing it on my FC4 laptop.

I'm still undecided on whether or not I want to go the VMware route for
the one Windows app I must use in my business (Quickbooks).  We've been
using Win4Lin, but lately their support is horrible.  There have not
been any new kernel patches or vanilla kernels with Win4Lin patches
released in months.  That's really sad considering Win4Lin worked
wonderfully for us.

Anyway, VMware is running well - I'm impressed.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu