sound & multiple user logins

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 20:43:48 UTC 2005

Hi all,

  I've been playing with multipe simultanoes
session/logins in FC4. The first thing I noticed is
that only the first login gets sound. Everyone else
gets some message about no sound device.

  I though I'd found a solution, but it didn't seem to
cut it.

I followed this:
http://www.yogarine.com/2005/01/sound-across-multiple-x-sessions.html

except I found (think) I needed to change the
permissions here:
/etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms

I retried restarting x, but that didn't work so I
rebooted. It still only allowed sound for the first
login. Yes, I made sure the logins were members of the
group I entered in the config file.

Any ideas? Anyone else doing multi-user sessions have
any other advice?

-j