tftp???

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Tue Sep 13 00:49:13 UTC 2005

On Monday 12 September 2005 20:45, Daniel Vogel wrote:
> [snip snip]
>
> >The default SELinux policy for tftpd does not support upload, so
> >that<br>&gt;could be the issue if you're >running SELinux.
>
> So, again... whats the point of selinux?
> I have disabled it to make my machine work properly. When it was working
> many things didn't run.
>
> I just still can't find the utility of it.
Security always comes at the price of userfriendlyness. If you have a system
that is used for development, as a desktop or a test machine I've not found
much use for it either. If you on the other hand run a system as a server
with a workload that does not change often (i.e. running the same app over
and over again by different users) it gives you an additional layer of
security.

Peter.