should I upgrade fc1 -> fc4?

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Tue Sep 13 04:24:03 UTC 2005

sean wrote:

> I've got an old server running fc1.  Should I upgrade it step-by-step,
> fc1-fc2-fc3, or just go directly to fc4?

I have some things which aren't working after an FC3 to FC4 upgrade
(Gnome always complains about missing volume control elements for one
thing and won't put the volume control tool on my toolbar).  So I'd
recommend a straight install of fc4 over the top of fc1.  I did that
with a couple of servers and it went mostly fine though I should type up
the notes I have of pitfalls and post them somewhere.