not able to browse the internet with 2 lan cards on Fc3

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Sep 13 09:34:19 UTC 2005

Ankush Grover wrote:
>     Remove the GATEWAY= entries from all of your ifcfg-* files and replace
>     them with a single GATEWAY=ip.addr entry in /etc/sysconfig/network,
>     where ip.addr is the IP address of your default gateway/router.
>
>     It removed the GATEWAY entries from ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 files
>     and added GATEWAY entries in /etc/sysconfig/network

entries plural? There should be only one.

> But still I am not able to browse the internet.
>
> Then I ran the command "route"
>
> the output of the command route
>

> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
> Iface
> 10.0.0.0 <http://10.0.0.0>        *               255.255.255.0
> <http://255.255.255.0>   U     0      0        0 eth1
> 192.168.1.0 <http://192.168.1.0>     *               255.255.255.0
> <http://255.255.255.0>   U     0      0        0 eth0
> 169.254.0.0 <http://169.254.0.0>     *               255.255.0.0
> <http://255.255.0.0>     U     0      0        0 eth1
> default         10.0.0.1 <http://10.0.0.1>        0.0.0.0
> <http://0.0.0.0>         UG    0      0        0 eth1
>
> I can see the default gateway is 10.0.0.1 <http://10.0.0.1>,how do I
> changed it to 192.168.1.1 <http://192.168.1.1>.

There should be one GATEWAY entry in /etc/sysconfig/network, and it
should be:

GATEWAY=192.168.1.1

That's assuming that 192.168.1.1 is in fact the correct value. If you
have a linux box on your network with Internet access working properly,
the following command, run on that box, should output the correct
GATEWAY value.

$ netstat -rn | awk '/^0.0.0.0/ { print $2 }'

Paul.