A Few Questions

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 16:30:54 UTC 2005

Tim wrote:
> Pick a different port, yet again.  Pick something like eighty-thousand,
> it's unlikely to be blocked, nor be found so easily be nosey parkers
> probing your ports.

Well, it's unlikely to be blocked, all right, but I don't think it will
work: RFC 793 specifies ports as being 16 bits, which means the highest
port number is 65535.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Dalek invasion at work today. I plugged them into the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | net: they behave better than some Windows boxes. They