NFSD: setclientid: string in use by client

Wed Sep 14 16:27:34 UTC 2005

I have been happily using Fedora Core for a long time.

Recently I tried setting up a NFSv4 server, with two clients.  This works
very well as long as I only try to access the server with one client.

When I tried to have the second client mount the NFS, it just hangs.  On the
server side, I get messages like this:

Sep 13 23:21:16   kernel: NFSD: setclientid: string in use by
client(clientid 43265499/00000001)

Can someone please explain this to me?  I have tried searching the web for a
solution, but could not find anyone else complaining about this.

Thanks,

John