Creating GDM and Login Splash themes

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 14 12:31:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 14:01 -0700, Josh Coffman wrote:

>    Anyone have references on how to make a GDM or
> login splash theme? I haven't found the exact right
> GDM login splash, so I started wondering how hard it
> would be to create my own.

Read the gdm man file, Google about it, and dissect a few themes you've
got installed, or download.  I made one a while back, it wasn't too hard
as I recall, though I don't remember the details.  (It worked, I used
it, haven't needed to fiddle with it, promptly forgot most of what I
learnt.)

I read messages from the public lists.