OK guys - what happened to YUM

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 14 03:23:17 UTC 2005

Is it really this fragile that within 24 hours it goes from working to this:

===8<---
# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released
===8<---

What do I need to fix? This is the /etc/yum.repos.d directory:
===8<--- (All dated Jun 3)
# ls /etc/yum.repos.d
fedora-devel.repo         fedora-extras.repo  fedora-updates.repo
fedora-extras-devel.repo  fedora.repo         fedora-updates-testing.repo
===8<---

yum.conf and other yum files are even older.

The /var/cache/yum files seem to be consistent with an update yesterday.

I have made no changes myself to these files or to yum.conf. So something
went
bad. I'd rather like to get it working again.

{^_^}