OT - has my email domain been hijacked?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Sep 14 22:18:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 13:40 -0600, kevin.kempter at dataintellect.com
wrote:
> Returned mail: User unknown
> Hi List;
>
> I keep getting emails similar to the text below. I/We own the domain
> dataintellect.com and we have email addresses setup however I always see a
> bogus dataintellect.com email address as the sender.
>
> -or is this simply a random spam email?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice...
----
welcome to my world - that is the problem with having a domain
'catchall' mailbox which collects all of this crapola. I had to create a
sieve rule to filter all this out as I am down to approx 1500-2000 email
bounces received per day as opposed to what seemed to peak at 5000+-
email bounces per day.

Good luck - ain't much you can do about it - perhaps junk the catchall
mailbox for your domain or a sieve or procmail rule to collect it.

Craig