Mail Services

Randall J. Berry lrxlinux at verizon.net
Thu Sep 15 01:08:54 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Use the MTA you are most familiar with. Asking for opinions will not
>help you to manage any of those 3 any better, but even may call for a
>religious MTA war. I like Sendmail, others Postfix or Exim. Each of them
>has advantages and disadvantages. (No, I don't call for comments by
>qmail patch assassins ;)
>ClamAV is a really good anti-virus application. SpamAssassin can help
>you too to lower the amount of crap filling your inbox.
>

>Alexander

Thanks Alex,
What would you recomend for a pop server? I've fooled around with
Exim/Sendmail/Postfix before and I am leaning toward Exim but as for POP
servers I've not tried one yet to become familure. I'm not sure which
one I should use I've done some brief searches and found a few
possibilities but have not installed any yet as I'm still undecided.