Mail Services

Randall J. Berry lrxlinux at verizon.net
Thu Sep 15 06:49:33 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Well, it depends on your needs (wishes) and the amount of mail to handle
>on local mail server. I like the power of Cyrus-IMAPd (available through
>Fedora Extras). It is a bit more complicated to configure. Fedora Core
>ships dovecot, which is an improvement to the old uw-imapd. dovecot is
>small and a good choice for smaller or mid-range mail storage/access
>servers. If you choose to store in Maildir format even a bit larger
>mailboxes can be quick.
>
>Alexander

    Thanks again!
Dovecot is already there I'll use that. I had seen it before but it's
listed as an IMAPd and didn't
really research mush more than that. I guess if I had I'd have found out
it did POP as well.
It's going to be very low traffic only for my personal and some business
mail so I don't need
allot of horse power. My primary interest really is learning something new.
I've used my Linux box as an outgoing server before but I've never
actually done all mail
processing through it. So it's time to try! :)

Take care..  Randy