I need help with LDAP and Evolution

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Thu Sep 15 07:01:27 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 08:26, Chris Stark wrote:

> What I did to solve the problem was to download the CA certificate from
> each of the two LDAP servers I use, then copy them to
> the /etc/openldap/cacerts/ directory. Your /etc/openldap/ldap.conf file
> needs to have this line:
>
> TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts
>
> In FC4, this is there by default. Now comes the tricky part... I then
> used `sudo authconfig` to set up LDAP authentication (even though I'm
> not using LDAP for that purpose here) so that the checksums for the
> certificates are automatically computed and symlinked to the CA
> certificates. Exit the authconfig program to make the changes "stick"
> the launch it again to unset the LDAP authentication -- the symlinks
> should still be there. I'm sure there's a more elegant command-line
> method for creating the checksum symlinks, but I don't know it off the
> top of my head.
>
> Convoluted? Absolutely. I'm sorry if this doesn't help, but it has
> worked like a charm for me. I wish I had an easier answer.

Hi all,
I'm having the same problem here, the difference is that I don't use TLS at
all. And I succeeded in connecting, updating the ldap server on my LOCALHOST,
but then when I setup an IDENTICAL ldap server on another box, my evolution
CAN connect to it, but CANNOT UPDATE/EDIT the address book. Very confusing.
Pls help.
Thanks.

--
Fajar Priyanto | Reg'd Linux User #327841 | http://linux2.arinet.org
14:01:26 up 53 min, 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 GNU/Linux