Linux-compatible webcam recommendations invited

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 15 15:01:45 UTC 2005

M Daniel R M wrote:

> Reshat, I can not imagine why someone would need such resolutions in a
> webcam...

Well, if you wanted to have a video phone like we've all seen in the
movies for the last twenty years or so...

But on a serious note, some people will use the camera to take a still
shot of something, so it is handy to have resolutions that are better
than the usual, quite crappy, webcam offerings.

I read messages from the public lists.