Thunderbird?

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Thu Sep 15 16:54:44 UTC 2005

I'm having a problem getting my Thunderbird to post messages.  I
don't really know much about how nntp works but I can read messages
with no problems.  Do I need to have an SMTP server configured to
post to news groups?  When I set up Thunderbird, I did set up my SMTP
server (which works just fine in the mail account) but it never asks
me for my password.  If I post a message, it appears to work but
sendmail never shows any connections in the logs and my posts don't
show up.  I'm running Thunderbird 1.0.6 on FC3 and Win XP with the
same results.  Any ideas where to track down my problem?

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...