Upgrading to Fedora core 4

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Thu Sep 15 19:26:17 UTC 2005

On or about 2005-09-15 12:03, Timothy Murphy whipped out a trusty #2
pencil and scribbled:

>>>I don't know anything about your problem,
>>>but you could try installing in text mode
>>>(giving "linux text" as your answer to the prompt at the start).
>>>

>>   I doubt this will help as Anaconda is still being told you want a
>>full install (including X).
>>

>I don't understand your comment;
>"linux text" means you _don't_ want to install X.
>
>Are you using Fedora?

Bzzzzzzt.  Sorry, "linux text" to GRUB means you want to run the install
in text mode;  has nothing to do with whether X is going to be installed
or not...

If the file is present on the CD directory listing in Windows, can you
actually get it (that is, copy the file to some temp spot on your hard
drive)?  Just because you see it listed in the directory doesn't mean
that the file itself is OK.

Did your iso download images verify correctly with the MD5 checksum?

Did you do the "media check" at the beginning of installation, and all OK?

If you can answer "YES" to the above 3 questions, then perhaps you need
to set the "no DMA" option in the instructions to GRUB at install time.

--
Fritz Whittington
Let each man exercise the art he knows. (Aristophanes, Wasps, 422 B.C.)