ASUS P4P800 MB FC3 Crashing

Serge de Souza serge.de.souza at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 02:57:51 UTC 2005

Ken Smith wrote:

>> We have around 30 machines in a lab and maybe a server that runs
>> P4P800 and FC3 and they all work fine. We use the sk98lin module for
>> the network card. Only difference with you is that we run vanilla
>> kernels. There were issues with the NVIDIA driver but later releases
>> have solved these. Maybe you could check your hardware (memtest86,
>> different power supply, run it with bare minimum hardware etc)?
>>
>> Serge
>>
> Vanilla Kernels here too. We are running SMP - are you. Ran a memory
> test for 72+ hours no failures. Do you have 3ware controllers in your
> H/W?
>
> Ken

Yes smp with ht enabled. We do not use 3ware controllers. I guess it
would be a good idea if you tried without it, remove the card and just
whack in a std IDE drive and see how that goes. The other hardware
components look ok, not sure how well Matrox Graphics cards are handled
under Linux as we strictly use Nvidia cards here.

Not much else I can suggest...

Serge