logitech quickcam express USB webcam with Fedora Core 4

Adam Monsen haircut at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 10:51:18 UTC 2005

Thanks for the link, Sandeep. I compiled the driver and insmod'ed
spca5xx.ko, but nothing useful happens.

I think I have an unsupported camera... my Vendor ID for my Logitech
Quickcam Express is 0x046d, and my product ID is 0x0840, and I don't
see that on the list of supported cameras at
http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca5xx.html .

$ uname -a
Linux compost.evapierce.local 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 #1 Thu Jun 2 22:55:56
EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
$ /sbin/lsusb
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 046d:0840 Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Express
[...]

I've also tried the 'bw-qcam' and 'c-qcam' drivers, but those don't
seem to work, either.

Strange, this camera used to work just fine on Fedora Core 2 using the
driver from http://qce-ga.sf.net/ .

--
Adam Monsen
http://adammonsen.com/