SElinux causes Nagios issues?

Jonathan Carpenter jonathan.carpenter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:26:01 UTC 2005

I have installed Nagios on Fedora 4, I have nagios and apache both
configured however when I visit http://127.0.0.1/nagios/ I see the main page
but then I get this error when I click on any option on the side of the
page:

Internal Server Error

to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root at localhost and inform them of
the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

my apache error log shows this:

(13)Permission denied: exec of '/usr/local/nagios/sbin/status.cgi' failed,
referer: http://127.0.0.1/nagios/side.html

I read from a message board online that I may need to disable SElinux. Has
anyone else had this problem or have any ideas why I might be getting this
error? And if it could be SElinux how do I shut it off? I have edited
/etc/selinux/conf and specified disabled but I am not sure how to turn it
off.

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Carpenter