Help with Core 4 install off-list

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Sep 17 04:46:52 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 20:42 -0700, Adam Boettiger wrote:
> Sigh...
>
> Yes, it says i386 on the CD...
>
> So should I download the iso file for ppc and then burn to CD?
>
> When you boot to CD does the install start right away or will I need to hit
> Return? I'm thinking I should probably do a GUI rather than text install.
>
> Any idea what the name of the PPC image file is?

----
just one of the mirrors...

ftp://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/ppc/iso/

NOTE:                                           ^^^^

File:FC4-ppc-SRPMS-disc1.iso
File:FC4-ppc-SRPMS-disc2.iso
File:FC4-ppc-SRPMS-disc3.iso
File:FC4-ppc-SRPMS-disc4.iso
File:FC4-ppc-disc1.iso
File:FC4-ppc-disc2.iso
File:FC4-ppc-disc3.iso
File:FC4-ppc-disc4.iso
File:FC4-ppc-disc5.iso
File:SHA1SUM

Next hint - SRPMS are source rpms and not binary...you probably don't
want the source at this point.

The SHA1SUM file contains a checksum for each of the files so you can
check if you got it all by 'sha1sum *.iso' before you burn the cds

Craig

believed to be clean.