Linux-compatible webcam recommendations invited

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Sun Sep 18 05:01:57 UTC 2005

Serge de Souza wrote:

> Are you sure that you have alsa configured properly ?  Maybe the
> devices got swapped around and your sound card is no longer card-0,
> have a look in /proc/asound/devices or /proc/asound/pcm  then try
> aplay -D <device name> somewavfile

Actually, i overstated the problem: i still have sound, but for some
reason Gnome volume control (both window, and applet scroll bar) no
longer works. At the same time kmix still works, and i can control
volume in xine for instance. This wasn't a problem before i installed
spca. However, i don't recall trying using those features after my
latest kernel update either, so i can't claim that it was spca. It might
have been the kernel update. I'll play with it a little more. I also
want to try using the thing remotely w/ a 2nd Linux box as the next
step, before i return STX and exchange it for Pro 4000. Hopefully
tomorrow...