FC4: How to capture a window's screen snapshot?

Graham Campbell gc1111 at optonline.net
Sun Sep 18 17:23:44 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 09:32 -0700, David Le wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Running FC4, I want to capture a screen snapshot of a
> displayed window and save it into a word document. I
> tried Ctrl-PrintScreen to copy and paste it to Writer
> Word processor as I did with Windows XP, but it didn't
> work. Please let me know how can I do that?

Right click on menu bar, select Add to Panel, select Take Screenshot.
This gives you a clickable icon to snap the whole display and then the
choice of where to store the png file.

Another option, From the RedHat menu button, select
Desktop->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts. Look for the "Take a
Screenshot" and "Take a Screenshot of a Window". Set them and use them.
In all cases you will have to save the png file somewhere, then load it
into Writer.

--
Graham Campbell <gc1111 at optonline.net>