OT: My Experience and Strategy to migrate MS Windows to Linux

Teo Fonrouge fedora-list at windtelsoft.com
Sun Sep 18 20:54:50 UTC 2005

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi all,
> It's been a hectic weeks for me lately. As I inform before there was a
> suprising change from the top management which in favor for MS Windows over
> OpenSource.
>
> However, the migration still went through, because the management only buy
> partial license for the PC.
>
> Regarding to the migration process, I write an article or to be exact is a
> story of the migration process plus a few tips on how to configure samba and
> dosemu to work together.
>
> The story can be read on
> http://linux2.arinet.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=2
>
> And the PDF can also be downloaded from
> http://linux2.arinet.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=31&func=fileinfo&filecatid=15&parent=folder
>
> I hope this writing can give an inspiration or a general picture for us who
> wants to grab a logical solution on licensing cost. It is indeed a high time
> for management to migrate to Linux, as it is a logic, feasible, and proper
> thing to do for any management that cares for the business.
>
> Best regards from the battle front...

Hello Fajar,

You have a very interesting story to read on here.

Regarding your Clipper application y have to recommend you to check the
following link:

http://www.xharbour.org/index.asp?page=download/linux/binaries_lin

This is a native Linux compiler almost 100% compatible with Clipper
code, I had success in migrating all my Clipper apps to Linux without
trouble, so I get ride of dosemu (and all their troubles related) and I
get my programs running natively in Linux.

best regards

Teo Fonrouge