TNT2 M64 bult-in driver in Fedora Core 4 is newer than Nvidia driver 1.0-7174 ?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmx.de
Sun Sep 18 22:10:39 UTC 2005

Am Montag, den 19.09.2005, 05:53 +0800 schrieb Wong Kwok-hon:
> Hello!
>
> I want to update the display driver for my TNT2 M64 in fedora Core4
> but Only Nividia 7174 can do that.

Install the nvidia-glx-legacy package from rpm.livna.org. Assuming
livna.org stable repo is included in your yum setup it's as simple as

yum install kernel-module-nvidia-legacy-`uname -r`

restart your xserver afterwards.

> By the way, do the Fedora Core 4
> bult-in driver is newer ? And which one is faster in performance ?

the nv driver from xorg works well but has no 3D acceleration at all.

> Regards,
>
> Wong Kwok Hon

Christoph