Fedora 4 on Dell Optiplex GX270 Graphics Hangs after update;

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Sep 18 23:12:06 UTC 2005

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 09:42:48AM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

> >Mirco
> >
> Do not update to the latest xorg-x11 version. There is a problem within
> the new packages. I have a gx270 w/ the same graphics card, but did not
> upgrade to the new version of X yet. The system works great without the
> upgrade.
>
> There is an option which you can add to the xorg.conf file that may
> help. Add option "NoAccel" to the section that references your video
> driver "i810". I don't know if this will work, but it sounds similar to
> an old problem with the Intel "i810" driver refresh problem.
>
> Jim

What latest version are you referring to? I updated only 3 days ago
and have had no problem.

College football is a game which would be much more interesting if the faculty
played instead of the students, and even more interesting if the trustees
played.  There would be a great increase in broken arms, legs, and necks,
and simultaneously an appreciable diminution in the loss to humanity.
		-- H. L. Mencken
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University