Unofficial FC4.1 i386 isos

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Sep 19 10:53:19 UTC 2005

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 18 September 2005 22:10, Craig White wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 21:29 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>>Darn.  Bittorrent can't get thru my firewall. ftp-able iso's sure
>>>would be nice.
>>
>>----
>>Why don't you fix your firewall - IIRC, you control your own
>
> firewalling
>
>>Craig
>

> There are actually several places I'd have to take the tinsnips to in
> order to cut a bittorrent sized hole into here.
>
> Theres the router in addition to iptables to deal with.
>
> I've actually  made several passes at it, but the relative lack of
> error reporting cripples me in that its a failure, but totally silent
> when I try to start a tracker.

You don't need to start a tracker to use a bittorrent client. I've
downloaded Fedora ISOs without problems at work, where I am sat behind a
Cisco PIX firewall that has *no* incoming ports open (though I can make
whatever outbound connections I like, which work as the firewall allows
the return data back in).

Paul.