TNT2 M64 bult-in driver in Fedora Core 4 is newer than Nvidia driver 1.0-7174 ?

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 14:37:51 UTC 2005

By the way I am having same problem with my old Nvidia
Riva TNT2 and ended up in 7174 version of nvidia
driver.

installing the nvidia driver as intructed doesn't
work. It ends up with blank screen. I had previously
posted this issue but no answer so far.

Now I am getting one step ahead form this thread.

> Install the nvidia-glx-legacy package from
> rpm.livna.org. Assuming
> livna.org stable repo is included in your yum setup
> it's as simple as
>
> yum install kernel-module-nvidia-legacy-`uname -r`

I tired this but yum ends up with "nothing to do".
What should I do. I was guessing that it has something
to do with the "glx" thing because when I looked at
the xorg log file the last line is something like

thanks for the advice on glx thing but still no
solution yet. Can you give some more details about
this... like steps to follow?

Thanks

Deepak K. Shrestha