Fedora friendly debian user seeks help finding downloaded file

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Mon Sep 19 14:59:54 UTC 2005

At 4:56 AM -0700 9/19/05, Jared Hall wrote:
>Fedora users-
>
>Lets rename this thread "starving for knowledge"
>
>Yes, it's all so clear now. I had not known about the "find" tool.
>Maybe you all could help out an overwhelmed newbie/sysadmin and make a
>list of you favorite tools like find and grep so I can go read the man
>pages on each of them. ...

Look for useful commands with "apropos":

    $ apropos foo

Only type one word; if you get too much output either pipe through a pager:

    $ apropos foo | less

or through grep:

    $ apropos foo | grep -i bar

or use my apropos2 <http://georgeanelson.com/apropos2.htm> .  Apropos2 may
also appear in Fedora Extras someday.

I also make extensive use of Google, usually with the word "linux" and
whatever I'm really looking for.