Bootable Jump Drive

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Sep 19 21:28:15 UTC 2005

--On Monday, September 19, 2005 2:06 PM -0700 Rick Stevens
<rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:

> Under FC3/4, it should automount as "/media/usbdisk" once you plug it
> in.

On a related note, any good HOWTO's for building a minimal bootable device?
I want to test a custom FC4 kernel to make sure it can see my RAID array
(the stock one can't) so I just need a shell and enough infrastructure to
get the devices created and mount the array. Perhaps a small repair disk is
the thing to build.

I've got a couple of USB Flash drives to play with, 256 MB and 1 GB.

I've got the kernel RPM built and I'd like to test it first before
assembling installation media from it.