Jump Drive

Gary P Carr gcarr at lanl.gov
Mon Sep 19 21:58:43 UTC 2005

Output from dmesg I see after putting the device in a USB port
immediately after a re-boot is:

usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using address 2
usb 1-6: device not accepting address 2, error -71
usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using address 3
usb 1-6: device not accepting address 3, error -71

If I take it out, and put it back in again, I get the same messages
for address 4 and 5, etc.

I was using the "front" panel USB ports on my PC. I vaguely remember
someone I know having problems with their front panl USB port, so I
tried plugging it into one of the USB ports on the "back" of the PC,
and wonder of wonders, I can see the device and mount it on my FC2 system.

Went to a friends newer Dell desktop running RHEL3 Workstation, it
worked on his system with both the front and back USB port.

Thanks for the trouble you took to reply, appreciate it.