GUI for reading logs

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Sep 19 22:09:16 UTC 2005

Sharon Kimble wrote:

>Under FC3 (and, I think, FC2) there was a gui to assist in reading the logs
>under KDE, and accessed under the 'System Tools' menu. Since reinstalling and
>updating my setup I can't seem to find it. Has it been discontinued please,
>and if not, how do I re-enable it?
>
>Hopefully thanks
>Sharon.

On the development side is gnome-utils is a program called
gnome-system-log which works similar to the older logviewer except you
have default logs and need to add desired logs to it with the file
selector. The program expands and contracts by date. If it is in FC4
gnome-utils, you can give it a try. It must be run as root to access
your logs that are only visible to root.

FC3 does contain a logviewer program and it installed on FC4 without
problems.

Jim

--
QOTD: