RESEND: Screen Saver Not Funny

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Tue Sep 20 04:46:15 UTC 2005

Tom Lettington wrote:
> Ooooops:  Checked settings for random screen saver and couldn't find
> anything like this.
>
>  Oh Oh !!!
>
> ========================
>
> FC4 has a screen saver that replicates the scrolling text of a system
> that has just experienced a kernel panic crash.  The first and second
> time I saw this I panicked!  I almost went into reinstall system mode,
> or even worse, start buying new hardware.
>
> This is not amusing !  I'm now going to disable screen saver and just
> power down the monitor.

The better one was the Blue Screen of Death! The first time I saw
it on my Linux box I cursed it until I remembered that this was
Linux and it doesn't BSOD. Since I had gotten so use to seeing it
(on Windows boxes) I almost rebooted it right there on the spot. I
decided not to use that screen saver. :-)

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)