qmailadmin 500 internal server error

Jared Hall jrhall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:12:25 UTC 2005

Fedora Users
I've been having trouble with qmailadmin, and the qmail mailing list
has not been very active.  I'm hoping some of you may have some
answers for me.

The install for Qmail is clean.  I ran an install check on it, and
everything seems to be working fine.  Vpop is also working, as well as
sqwebmail, and vqadmin.  These programs are all functioning just fine.

The configuration for qmailadmin and it's installation seem to go
smooth, but when I type http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/qmailadmin/ into
the browser i get a 500 internal server error:
"
Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin at localhost and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

"
the httpd error logs are not registering anything.
I thought it might be a CGI problem at first, but I think I fixed that
by placing the following information into httpd.conf:
"
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
       AllowOverride None
       Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin/vqadmin">
       deny from all
       Options ExecCGI
       AllowOverride AuthConfig
       Order deny,allow
</Directory>
"
As far as I know nothing more need to be placed in httpd.conf.  Please
let me know if i am wrong.

here are my current settings:

qmailadmin 1.2.9
Current settings
---------------------------------------
cgi-bin dir = /var/www/cgi-bin
html dir = /var/www/html/
image dir = /var/www/html//images/qmailadmin
image URL = /images/qmailadmin
template dir = /usr/local/share/qmailadmin
qmail dir = /var/qmail
vpopmail dir = /home/vpopmail
autorespond dir = /usr/local/bin
ezmlm dir = /home/matt/ezmlm-0.53
ezmlm idx = no
mysql for ezmlm = yes
help = no
modify quota = no
domain autofill = no
modify spam check = no

please help by:
suggesting error logs to check (besides apache error logs)
explaining any cgi misconfiguration I may have made
letting me know some causes for the internal server errors like this
telling me anything you can think of
asking me for more information

thanks