Screen Saver Not Funny

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Sep 20 13:43:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 08:43:28PM -0700, Tom Lettington wrote:
> FC4 has a screen saver that replicates the scrolling text of a system
> that has just experienced a kernel panic crash.  The first and second
> time I saw this I panicked!  I almost went into reinstall system
> mode, or even worse, start buying new hardware.
>
> This is not amusing !  I'm now going to disable screen saver and just
> power down the monitor.

Why don't you just disable that screensaver in
Desktop->Preferences->screensaver

Inglish Spocken Hier: some mangled translations

	Various signs in Poland:

		Right turn toward immediate outside.

		Go soothingly in the snow, as there lurk the ski demons.

		Five o'clock tea at all hours.

	In a men's washroom in Sidney:

		Shake excess water from hands, push button to start,
		rub hands rapidly under air outlet and wipe hands
		on front of shirt.

		-- Colin Bowles, San Francisco Chronicle
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484