Initial Wine installation doesn't seem to work

Lovell Mcilwain lovell.mcilwain at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 01:38:26 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I am having trouble with Wine.  I went to the wine website and installed
the rpm for fedora core but the rpm doesn't seem to create a config file
in the ~/.wine directory.

When I use the default confi file that I copied from the website, I
still can't seem to get my application to run under wine.

I am attempting to run dreamweaver 3.x and when I try to run it I get
the frame for the dreamweaver splash screen but the actuall splash
screen never shows up.  I can tell the frame of the splash screen is
there cause when I move an app that iss behind it you can clearly see
where the frame is right in the middle of the screen.

Can anyone tell me how I can get this up and running or if I am missing
anything?