is there any mp3 manager for linux?

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 04:49:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have around 40GB full of mp3s. Right now I am using
xmms in FC4. My problem is searching a particular mp3.

$ ls -R | grep "name".mp3 doesn't work because some
are ripped with filenames like "AudioTrack 01.mp3"
etc. but these files have ID3 tags already there when
it was used with windows media player before.

Is there a utility or addons for xmms (like those in
media player, winamp etc.) or separate program, which
can manage all those mp3 based on Album,Year, Gnere
etc.?

Thanks!

Deepak K. Shrestha