is there any mp3 manager for linux?

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 05:12:49 UTC 2005

Thanks for suggestion but that is not what I exactly
want. Pressing "J" key only shows up my current
playlist and similarly search scope is only current
playlist.

What I need is to search the mp3 on my harddrive which
is not currently in my playlist, so that I can put
them in my list.

Windows media player has this feature like monitoring
the folder or adding to library, from where I can
search any song I want and create a list.

Well I am not looking for the same feature though, it
will be fine even if something like how updatedb and
locate works.

what I mean is something like this:
when I add the new songs in my drive I just need to do
some sort of update (like updatedb) and next program
can locate my songs based on ID3 tags (not based on
filenames).

Is there any utilities like that for linux?

Better solutions are welcomed!

--- Partho Protim Paul <penguin.partho at gmail.com>