Newbie PPC Core 4 questions

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Sep 21 17:28:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 11:49 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

> In my experience, 10GB is a little bit cramped for FCx. Add very
> many apps, and you'll start to run out of space. Especially if
> you decide to upgrade, and start downloading ISO images, at over
> 1/2 GB each. Open Office is about a Gig all by itself.

Perhaps.
I don't install any devel packages on my laptop, no KDE, no OO.o (I do
have AbiWord and gnumeric) - I'm not fond of OO.o

But no, I can't believe OO.o is a gig all by itself - maybe with all the
language packs installed, but not by itself with just a few language
packs installed.

I do have LaTeX and stuff on it though, not sure how much space that
takes.