Change default pdf viewer in thunderbird?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Sep 22 11:39:56 UTC 2005

Around about 20/09/05 00:05, Orion Poplawski typed ...
> I'm running Thunderbird in KDE on FC4.  When I open a pdf attachment, I
> get gsview for some unknown reason.  In my Thunderbird preferences I
> have PDF set to use /usr/bin/acroread, but apparently this is not used.
>  Can someone point me where to go?

   Prob. getting the system default (by MIME type) fro PDFs, althoug why
that's gsview I don't know!  I suffred gpdf being loaded in pref. to acroread
till I [mostly] fixed it.

   Check /usr/share/applications/defaults.list

   I have:

application/pdf=AdobeReader.desktop

   I don't exactly recall, but there was something that even that didn't fix
it for, so I uninstalled gpdf.

   Customisation of file types is one of those places where GNOME's
unfortunately disappeared up it's own backside :-(

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature