Keyboard layouts

Marcelo Magno T. Sales marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br
Thu Sep 22 12:53:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'll just clarify a little my question below, because probably just a
few of you use an ABNT keyboard and, the way I asked, my question seemed
to be specifically about this keyboard layout.
However, what I really would like to know is how keyboard layouts work
in Fedora. I would think that the ABNT layout I select in KDE Control
Center would be the same layout which is used when I select an ABNT
keyboard in Anaconda during installation, but apparently it's not like
that. Selecting the ABNT layout in anaconda works, but in KDE Control
Center it works partially (two keys become misconfigured, the others are
ok).
Also, I'd like to get more information about how to create new keyboard
layouts from scratch and about xkb configuration in general.
Thanks in advance for any information on this or tips about where to
find it.

[]'s
Marcelo