Create self-signed certificate for Dovecot

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Sep 22 19:25:11 UTC 2005

--On Thursday, September 22, 2005 12:14 PM -0400 Reuben Budiardja
<techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu> wrote:

> I am wondering how do I create my own self-signed certificate that works
> with dovecot ? I tried searching the web but I've not found what I need
> yet. I've tried running "make dovecot.pem" in /usr/share/ssl/certs, but
> after creating a new dovecot.pem,

The RPM should generate the certificate on installation. Try "rpm -q
--scripts dovecot" and look at the commands in the %postinstall section. On
my FC2 system this is in that section:

if [ ! -f /usr/share/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem ]; then
/usr/share/doc/dovecot-0.99.13/examples/mkcert.sh &> /dev/null
fi