Getting the error when booting to init 5 "error while loading shared libraries libjpeg.so.62" on FC3

Alexander Apprich a.apprich at science-computing.de
Fri Sep 23 06:54:02 UTC 2005

Ankush Grover wrote:

>     what does
>
>        locate libjpeg.so.62
>

> /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62
> /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62.0.0
>
> output of rpm -qf /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62
>
> libjpeg-6b-33
>

>     tell you? Also, run ldconfig and then try it again...
>

> After running ldconfig ,I rebooted the system into init 5 level.But
> again the same problem it is not booting into the init 5 by default.If I
> boot into the init 3 level from there I can login into init 5 level but
> the background color is white and I am not able to change the background
> image/color.Moreover after getting into the init 5 level from init 3
> level by giving "startx" command at the command prompt these errors comes
>
> "Failed to Load image redhat-spreadsheet.img.
> Details: Unrecognized image file format".

[root at sith ~]$ locate redhat-spreadsheet.img
[root at sith ~]$ locate redhat-spreadsheet
/usr/share/pixmaps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
/usr/share/applications/redhat-spreadsheet.desktop
/usr/share/desktop-menu-patches/redhat-spreadsheet.desktop
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/16x16/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/24x24/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/32x32/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/36x36/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/48x48/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png

Where does redhat-spreadsheet.img come from?

> This errors comes for Open Office Writer,SpreadSheet,Evolution etc means
> all the icons on the panel.
>
> I check the logs and  errors like these were there "Could not recognize
> the image file format for file
> '/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/48X48/Stock/gtk-dialog-error.png.
>
> Any pointer how to solve the problem.

[root at sith ~]$ rpm -qf `locate redhat-spreadsheet.png|head -n 1`
redhat-artwork-0.117-1
[root at sith ~]$ rpm -qf `locate gtk-dialog-error.png`
redhat-artwork-0.117-1

maybe you have to reinstall the redhat-artwork package, too...

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Ankush Grover

Alex