Getting the error when booting to init 5 "error while loading shared libraries libjpeg.so.62" on FC3

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 07:35:02 UTC 2005

> > After running ldconfig ,I rebooted the system into init 5 level.But
> > again the same problem it is not booting into the init 5 by default.If I
> > boot into the init 3 level from there I can login into init 5 level but
> > the background color is white and I am not able to change the background
> > image/color.Moreover after getting into the init 5 level from init 3
> > level by giving "startx" command at the command prompt these errors
> comes
> >
> > "Failed to Load image redhat-spreadsheet.img.
> > Details: Unrecognized image file format".

[root at sith ~]$ locate redhat-spreadsheet.img
> [root at sith ~]$ locate redhat-spreadsheet
> /usr/share/pixmaps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
> /usr/share/applications/redhat-spreadsheet.desktop
> /usr/share/desktop-menu-patches/redhat-spreadsheet.desktop
> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
> /usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/16x16/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
> /usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/24x24/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
> /usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/32x32/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
> /usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/36x36/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
> /usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/48x48/apps/redhat-spreadsheet.png
>

> Where does redhat-spreadsheet.img come from?

sorry it is redhat-spreadsheet.png

> This errors comes for Open Office Writer,SpreadSheet,Evolution etc means
> > all the icons on the panel.
> >
> > I check the logs and errors like these were there "Could not recognize
> > the image file format for file
> > '/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/48X48/Stock/gtk-dialog-error.png.
> >
> > Any pointer how to solve the problem.
> >

> [root at sith ~]$ rpm -qf `locate redhat-spreadsheet.png|head -n 1`
> redhat-artwork-0.117-1
> [root at sith ~]$ rpm -qf `locate gtk-dialog-error.png`
> redhat-artwork-0.117-1
>
> maybe you have to reinstall the redhat-artwork package, too...
>
> I reinstalled the redhat-artwork package but still the problem persists.

a) No login screen if the init 5 is the default level.The system don't go
further when it tries to mount local filesystem quota (shows up while
booting the linux).

b) from init 3 level to init 5 level the xwindows is running except the
background color is white and few .png images are not getting loaded.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover