Sequence of SATA Devices

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 12:29:32 UTC 2005

Alexander Apprich wrote:
> Just a best guess, but I think this comes from the BIOS Boot device
> priority. Try switching it there...

If it isn't...

I'm assuming that the onboard four-port Promise controller is also
connected to the PCI bus. In which case, it might be possible to get it
detected after the on-board one by changing which PCI slot the two port
card is in.

In any case, I shouldn't worry about it too much. The device names
aren't particularly user-visible.

Have you manually specified any kernel parameters?

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "This thing is bigger than the both of us!"
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | "Oh Tom! It's ... it's an elephant!"