OT: GnuCash

Robert Bell robert at thebellfamily.com
Fri Sep 23 17:58:51 UTC 2005

OK, I just don't get gnucash. I want to track a simple cash account for
my group of Cub Scouts. I am only used to Quicken so I haven't done any
double entry accounting before. My understanding is that I need an
income and and an expense account? I really have two sources of income
donations and fund raising. I created 3 accounts Donations, Fund raising
and Expenses. Is this the correct way? So I added an entry to Donations,
$100 for example and it tells me the transaction is not balanced. What
does that mean, there has to be someplace I can record income without
requiring that it come from another account right? I'm sure I'm missing
some basic idea here.

Thanks

robert