gedit highlighting of c code.

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 23 21:43:08 UTC 2005

Tony Nelson wrote:
> At 2:27 PM -0500 9/23/05, Mike McCarty wrote:

[about "syntax hilighting with gedit]

> I take it that just disabling it in the prefs isn't good enough?  You might
> try moving "/usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs" (or whatever
> version you have).  Then all apps that use GTKSourceView as the underlying
> editing engine won't know how to do syntax hiliting.

Actually, what I would prefer is not to use that editor at all. But
I have so far been unable to associate my favorite editor with any
extensions. I've followed the help (which does not match the version
of Gnome), and I've followed the interactive links available with Gnome
(which do not actually add my editor to the list).

No joy.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.