Todays Xorg Update

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Sep 23 22:56:05 UTC 2005

Kam Leo wrote:

> On 9/23/05, *Steve Croteau* <SteveCroteau at comcast.net
> <mailto:SteveCroteau at comcast.net>> wrote:
>
>     Greetings,
>
>     Using yum to update my FC3 boxes, I noticed the following error
>     message at
>     process #20.  What does it mean and should I be concerned about it?
>     Completing update for xorg-x11-font-utils  - 18/22
>     Completing update for xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU  - 19/22
>     /sbin/ldconfig: relative path `1' used to build cache
>     error: %postun(xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU-6.8.2-1.FC3.45.1.i386)
>     scriptlet failed,
>     exit status 1
>     Completing update for xorg-x11-libs  - 20/22
>     Completing update for xorg-x11-tools  - 21/22
>     Completing update for xorg-x11-twm  - 22/22
>
>     The same message has appeared the last couple of times I've
>     updated these
>     packages, on both of my FC3 boxes.  Thanks in advance.
>
>     Steve
>

>     Your problem was answered earlier on the list. Check out
>     https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-September/msg02826.html

I was surprised when I looked for two xorg-x11-Mesa-libGLU on my FC4
system that was upgraded to the updates-testing using up2date from a
local directory. I did not have dupes from the updates-testing to the
version that now is in the updates either when using up2date to upgrade.

Why did the error not show up using up2date, but surfaced when users
used rpm directly or utilized yum to do the upgrades?

Jim

--
QOTD:
	If it's too loud, you're too old.