SSH monitoring

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Sep 24 22:42:06 UTC 2005

Am Sa, den 17.09.2005 schrieb Richard Emberson um 20:03:

> I've just installed pam_abl and tested it ... seems to work, but I've
> got a question.
> I put the pam_abl line :
>
> auth        required      /lib/security/pam_abl.so
> config=/etc/security/pam_abl.conf
>
> in /etc/pam.d/system-auto. The problem is that at the top of the system-auto
> file there is the warning:
>
> # This file is auto-generated.
> # User changes will be destroyed the next time authconfig is run.
>
> Now my question, where can I put the pam_abl line so that it gets
> automatically
> placed into system-auto each time authconfig is run?

> RME

As far as I know there is no direct way to do so. I suggest you make a
big fat note in your documentation about the system to not forget about
your custom setting. I admit that this is not an optimal situation. But
how often do you run authconfig? Normally you don't need to do so,
unless you change your auth environment, i.e. starting to run LDAP auth.

Alexander

Serendipity 00:32:40 up 4 days, 8:18, load average: 0.67, 0.31, 0.22